[CentOS] samba PDC

Fajar Priyanto fajarpri at cbn.net.id
Tue May 13 06:17:32 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 13 May 2008 12:44:11 gopinath wrote:
> how to configure samba server to only authenticate the users. Means all the
> users profiles should be stored on the local PC itself. It should not be
> stored on the server.
>
> i am a beginner to linux
> i have installed Centos 5.1
>
> Please help me out. i searched in google its no use.

It's already there, here's the outline:
1. Install Samba and setup as a PDC
2. To prevent user profiles to be stored in server (local profile only then),
add this into smb.conf (deliberately empty):
logon path =
logon home =

HTH,
http://linux2.arinet.org
13:17:24 up 6:20, 2.6.22-14-generic GNU/Linux
The real challenge of teaching is getting your students motivated to learn.