[CentOS] broken GFS

Doug Tucker tuckerd at engr.smu.edu
Wed May 14 20:15:40 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-05-14 at 13:00 -0700, John R Pierce wrote:
> Doug Tucker wrote:
> > Do you honestly, like having to scroll down with the rolly thing on your
> > mouse 9 times to get to the reply only to find it is not something you
> > cared to read?  I say toss it at the top in my face where I can ignore
> > it with less effort.
> >

> the other key part of bottom posting is to delete all but what you're
> replying to.   noone needs to see the whole thread quoted in every
> message, just enough context to frame the response.  And, delete the
> .SIG stuff on the end, too.

I'm still annoyed.  Forgot to mention I hate having to move my cursor in
a different location than where it is when I hit the reply button before
I can type too.  Honestly, I see zero benefit in this.  And looking at
my other tech threads (isc.org and opennms.org) and everyone appears to
be top posting, although I guess, they could all be breaking the rules.

Humor turned off for a minute, completely and honestly, can someone
explain to me *why* this is the etiquette here?  In every fashion, I
find it sooo much harder to follow.  Does it date back to some dead text
based mail client that actually made this easier for some reason?

Left first paragraph at the top, because I find it too relevant in this
one to remove.