[CentOS] Tape operation

Ray Leventhal centos at swhi.net
Thu May 15 12:46:27 UTC 2008

Kevin Thorpe wrote:
> I found Amanda rather complex for what we wanted to do (simple backup
> of a single server to a single tape drive).
>
> We eventually decided on BRU (www.tolisgroup.com). It's not free, but
> the simple 'workstation' version isn't very expensive.
> Their support staff are really helpful as well. Free download for
> trial if you wish.
Another commercial package which I've been *very* happy with is Arkeia.
Not too costly (I'm on a legacy version, 5.3 - the Network Backup (ANB))
and I've been extremely happy.  In fact, it was put to a real world test
recently when one of my servers died hard....and it passed with flying
colors.  Easy setup (rpm) and fast reindex and restores got up and
running quickly.

Just my .02.
YMMV,
-Ray