[CentOS] Re: tar spanning

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Thu May 15 17:14:50 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 5:03 AM, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Labeling in gmail doesn't help if you are forwarding to an Outlook account,
> though.

Well, no, of course not, but if you're going to forward from a great
email facility (like google/gmail) to anything else, you're kind of
stuck with the recipient product's limitations.  (Snub to Outlook, not
you, Anne....  :-)

Still, there are filters in Outlook if you like automatic sorting (I
don't, but I don't like Outlook, either...).

Also, it would be nice if all lists used good subject labeling the way
the CentOS and yum lists do (and not, e.g., the rpmforge list, which
uses "users" exactly the same way that OOo does, making them
impossible to distinguish from the subject alone, or the gnome list
which has no tags at all).

Okay, I'm just rambling here.  I don't sort my email until I pop it
down from gmail into evolution, and then I sort it all by hand.  It's
a minor pain, but I only download what I've already read in gmail, so
I already know that I want to save it and where by the time I see it
in evolution.

Yes, I'm weird.  You didn't know that?

;^)

mhr $0.02.