[CentOS] OT: Top Posting

Bart Schaefer barton.schaefer at gmail.com
Fri May 16 03:31:20 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 5:53 PM, Carol Anne Ogdin <caogdin at gmail.com> wrote:
> I find the entire USENET and eMail list thing utterly antediluvian, and
> wicked hard to use.  Often, I can only barely remember that *maybe*
> something relevant was discussed months ago, but is now relevant to my
> current issue today.  A "forum" is more practical as a tool for building a
> collective knowledge of the CentOS community.  This eMail list just doesn't
> cut it for a "knowledge base" built up of our collective experience.

Get yourself a gmail account and subscribe this list to it.  The
threaded presentation goes a long way, and a few additional minutes
with the label setup tool can practically create your own personal
forum layout, and if there are only a few things to catch up on you
can quickly scan them under "All Mail" rather than having to check
each of the different categories separately.

I read nearly all my email lists in gmail now ... but, increasingly,
email user agents like Thunderbird have similar features if you don't
like a web interface (which given your attraction to forums is
probably not an issue).