[CentOS] clustered mail server?

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Sat May 17 00:56:49 UTC 2008

Rudi Ahlers wrote:
>>> I'm looking for a working HOWTO / Tutorial / sample setup of setting
>>> up a clustered email server. I know I can setup a CentOS cluster with
> I don't have a problem to solve, but I don't know which mail server to
> use either. But, like I said, ideally I'd like to use one of the
> groupware type mailserver (POP3, SMTP, IMAP, calendar, address book, etc)

Well, I am sure you have some reason to setup a cluster. Is it for
failover / redundancy ? or is it for higher performance ? or is it to
distribute load geographically ? distribute load by service ?

You need to first work out what you want to do. What setup and howto set
it up will depend on what you are trying to achieve ( = what problem you
are trying to solve ). However, keep in mind that anything more than
small to small medium setups for mail storage usually end at Cyrus.

- KB

PS: try trimming your replies to remove unneeded content