[CentOS] CentOS-DS

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Sat May 17 01:08:12 UTC 2008

Johnny Hughes wrote:
>> I am looking at deploying a directory server in a small network.
>> Currently looking at Fedora-ds and I noticed that CentOS is currently
>> working on one. Does anyone know if the CentOS-DS is working well at
> However, if I were you, I would look at freeipa:
> http://freeipa.org/

Just adding to what Johnny already said, the CentOS-DS is a rebuild of
the commerical Redhat Directory Service, and it does work. And yes, its
a good time to start looking at freeipa.org as well - but if you do, its
also a good time to start working on some binary packages for freeipa
that work with CentOS-4/5 and getting a wiki page up with a howto :D