[CentOS] clustered mail server?

Rudi Ahlers Rudi at SoftDux.com
Sat May 17 22:37:16 UTC 2008

John R Pierce wrote:
> Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> email is essentially an on-disk setup, so just setup any software you
>> want ( I recommend roundcube over squirrelmail as a nice web
>> interface - basic, but usable ).
>>
>> Just put the email storage on the drbd mounted drive and you should
>> be ok.
>>

> drbd is asynchronous replication, isn't it?    so if the active
> 'master' fails just as its written and acknowledged an incoming
> message, that message could be lost if the replication hasn't
> completed by the time of failure ?

Well, that's one of the problems I foresee, but also the fact that each
email has a unique message ID, so I don't know if the backup server will
pickup the changed messages ID's or not? I have been thinking of running
a MySQL backed mail server, but have a feeling it will have a heavy
impact on performance

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers