[CentOS] problem of building stardict

Filipe Brandenburger filbranden at gmail.com
Sun May 18 15:54:43 UTC 2008

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 10:44 AM, cjzjm100 <cjzjm100 at 163.com> wrote:
> Hi guys! today i tried to install the latest stardict.
> If i install the software from source code,how can i uninstall it?

You should try to always stick to RPMs when using RHEL/CentOS. There
are several advantages to it, from the points of view of
documentation, the possibility of reproduce a setup, easily upgrade
packages (without borking configuration files), a way to verify if
your system was compromised, among many many others. By installing
software without using RPM you ruin all that for yourself.

To get the RPMs, you might try Dag Wieers repository, he has stardict-2.4.4:
http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/stardict/

If you want a more recent version, you can try to request that on
rpmforge-users mailing list (it might take sometime though):