[CentOS] Re: clustered mail server?

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Sun May 18 22:17:46 UTC 2008

On Sun, 18 May 2008, Guy Boisvert wrote:

> Ruslan Sivak wrote:
>> David G. Mackay wrote:
>> I'm not sure why nobody has asked this yet, but why not try hosted GMail
>> instead?  It's free and you can use it with your domain name.  We currently
>> run a linux based mail server, but are thinking of migrating over to hosted
>> GMail, and have one so for a few clients already with no problems.
>>
>> Russ
>

> Well, i just hope you don't have anything secret or sensitive...  With their
> "search power", it's very easy to automate the info harvesting!

If you are sending secret or sensitive information via unencrypted email you
already have a bigger problem then weather or not google is harvesting
info. Email by design is insecure. Why anyone would believe otherwise
is unclear to me. If you are encrypting it than I would argue that it does not
matter if google tries to harvest information from it.

Regards,

Tom Diehl		tdiehl at rogueind.com		Spamtrap address mtd123 at rogueind.com