[CentOS] Re: clustered mail server?

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue May 20 17:13:48 UTC 2008

on 5-18-2008 3:17 PM Tom Diehl spake the following:
> On Sun, 18 May 2008, Guy Boisvert wrote:
>
>> Ruslan Sivak wrote:
>>> David G. Mackay wrote:
>>> I'm not sure why nobody has asked this yet, but why not try hosted
>>> GMail instead?  It's free and you can use it with your domain name.
>>> We currently run a linux based mail server, but are thinking of
>>> migrating over to hosted GMail, and have one so for a few clients
>>> already with no problems.
>>>
>>> Russ
>>

>> Well, i just hope you don't have anything secret or sensitive...  With
>> their "search power", it's very easy to automate the info harvesting!
>
> If you are sending secret or sensitive information via unencrypted email
> you
> already have a bigger problem then weather or not google is harvesting
> info. Email by design is insecure. Why anyone would believe otherwise
> is unclear to me. If you are encrypting it than I would argue that it
> does not
> matter if google tries to harvest information from it.

I think I would be more afraid of them selling my contact list to spammers
along with every one else's. If the profits get low enough, almost any
corporation could stoop this low to make the stockholders happy.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and