[CentOS] RAID5 or RAID50 for database?

Rudi Ahlers Rudi at SoftDux.com
Sun May 25 10:50:38 UTC 2008

Christopher Chan wrote:

>> Why are you still using CentOS 4?
>>

> Do you have an issue with Centos 4? I prefer to wait for RH to work
> most of the kinks with their new releases. Centos 5 has new versions
> of various libraries and software. They have never been able to
> guarantee zero breakage. Eg: I have heard of constantly crashing
> firefox. A known issue too.

Just asking. I don't use CentOS as a desktop OS, so the firefox problem
doesn't bother me at all, but CentOS 5 is an upgrade in many regards,
and I find it very stable. I have yet to try RAID10 with it though, as
soon as I can get my hands on enough spare HDD's :)

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Web:   http://www.SoftDux.com