[CentOS] Re: memorial day kernel panic

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue May 27 18:57:17 UTC 2008

on 5-27-2008 11:24 AM sbeam spake the following:
> On Tuesday 27 May 2008 13:16, Miguel Medalha wrote:
>> Some Tyan boards are known as being very picky with RAM. If you want to
>> avoid problems, you should really stick to the types listed in Tyan's
>> memory compatibility list.
>
> hmm. well the spec sheet just says "unbuffered DDR 266/200" and that is what
> we got. I never noticed there was a list of "recommended" memory, but your
> comment made me look and I found one. PQI is not on the list :(
>
> But... we had a similar system with the same mobo and ram stick - only one
> 512M, not 2x1G like these - that was running for years with nary a hiccup
> until the disks died. The one we are having problems with was its
> upgrade/replacement. Maybe this is a problem though.
>
> thanks
> Sam
Just because memory has a lifetime warranty doesn't mean that it is guaranteed
  to not be bad on arrival, or to not fail quickly. It just means they will
send you new ones if they break. It does happen, and more often then you might
think.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and