[CentOS] PPPoE client help

John jses27 at gmail.com
Thu May 29 13:03:36 UTC 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf
Of Robert Moskowitz
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2008 4:42 PM
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: [CentOS] PPPoE client help

Please point me in the right direction....

My ISP is giving me an IPv6 prefix, but to get that I have to:

The current Speedstream ADSL router will be configured as a bridge.  I will
have to set up a Linux (read Centos, I hope) router that will connect
ethernet to the Speedstream but run PPPoE to his network and get both the
IPv4 and IPv6 route delegations.

There is no easy way that I know of to test this ahead of time.  I basically
have to get the box configed, have my ISP switch the Speedstream to briding
mode, and GO!  So I need to do some reading....