[CentOS] Re: centos on ebox

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Thu May 29 18:52:11 UTC 2008

> Jerry Geis wrote:
> >>/
> />>/ now do:
> />>/
> />>/ i586 text mem=128
> />>/
> />/ when I do "i586 text mem=128" it says cant find kernel
> />/ so I do "linux i586 text mem=128" and I get the same behavior
> />/ and reboot.
> />/
> />/ Am I not correctly specifying the kernel yet?
> />/
> /
> Are you sure this is a CD-1 and not a ServerCD ???
>
> i586 text
>
> THAT should work

Sure enough I had the centos 4 server CD, I looked deaper and got the CD
disk 1 out of my pack
and "i586 text" does a BUNCH more... thanks.

Now I see on the screen that hda is discovered on the IDE interface as a
1 GIG device.
The last 2 lines printed are:

Cannot open root device "<NULL>" or unknown block (8,3)
kernel panic not syncing unable to mount root.

What do I do with that?

Everything above that looks normal as detect PS/2 etc...

Jerry