[CentOS] Re: 40 second delay on automounts with 2.6.18-53.1.21.el5 kernel

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Thu May 29 20:21:56 UTC 2008

Scott Silva wrote:
> on 5-29-2008 12:42 PM Ned Slider spake the following:
>> Joe Pruett wrote:

>>> that bug entry does say to use the upstream bug for info about a
>>> workaround, but the upstream bug is blocked to mere mortals.  is
>>> there a workaround other than just using the older kernel?
>>

>> Did you see the added note?
>>
>> I quote:
>>
>> "For the benefit of those who do not have access to the upstream
>> bugzilla report, this bug has been fixed in the updated 5.2 kernel
>> (version number 2.6.18-92.el5), and this kernel also contains the
>> CVE-2007-6282 patch. I would recommend that people affected by this
>> bug upgrade to 2.6.18-92.el5."
> Is that the kernel to be released with 5.2?

yes ... and we have it built already ... but I am not sure everything
else that might need to go with it.  module-init-tools and mkinitrd are
also upgrades so those for sure

But rather than releasing pieces, I would think that using the older
kernels on ipsec machines would be best for a couple weeks.