[CentOS] alfresco

dnk d.k.emaillists at gmail.com
Fri May 30 22:44:16 UTC 2008

On 30-May-08, at 3:26 PM, Craig White wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-05-30 at 15:07 -0700, dnk wrote:
>> I just figured that since my issues were likely more with my alfresco
>> configurations, I thought some might consider it off topic.
>>
>> I guess I will start it on list, and if anyone feels it is off topic,
>> I will pull it back off the list.
>>
>> In a nut shell, I was following the howto located at:
>>
>> http://wiki.alfresco.com/wiki/Installing_on_Linux#Installing_Alfresco_Community_WAR_on_Centos_5
>>

>> Now I have gone through it step by step, and the only mods I did were
>> to use some more updated package versions, but that is about it.
>>
>> After all was said and done, my tomcat, etc all start without issue.
>>
>> At the end of the tutorial it states I should be able to go to:
>>
>> http://serverIP:8080/alfresco/
>>
>> now when I go there, I get a tomcat error stating that the page is
>> not
>> found....
>>
>> -------------
>> HTTP Status 404 - /alfresco/
>> type Status report
>>
>> message /alfresco/
>>
>> description The requested resource (/alfresco/) is not available.
>>
>> Apache Tomcat/5.5.20
>> -------------
>>
>> Granted I am very inexperienced with tomcat. But that is where I am
>> stuck at.....
>>
>> So I had a look at my /var/log/tomcat5/alfresco.log, and it was
>> complaining about failed loading of ImageMagick... so I just yumed
>> that in and rebooted. That is now gone, however my same issue
>> (resource not found) still persists.
> ----
> I think you should look at /var/log/tomcat5/catalina.out because
> that is
> where startup issues will be located.
>
> Craig

Ok, having a look in there, and the things that stick out at me are:

INFO: Deploying web application archive alfresco.war
07:34:00,712 User:System WARN  [remoting.rmi.RmiRegistryFactoryBean]
Could not detect RMI registry - creating new one
07:34:02,499 User:System INFO  [domain.schema.SchemaBootstrap] Schema
managed by database dialect org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLInnoDBDialect.
07:34:02,811 User:System INFO  [domain.schema.SchemaBootstrap] No
changes were made to the schema.
07:34:29,783 User:System ERROR [web.context.ContextLoader] Context
initialization failed
org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: Bootstrap failed

Then at the end of the log file i have:

SEVERE: Error listenerStart
May 30, 2008 7:34:29 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Context [/alfresco] startup failed due to previous errors
log4j:ERROR LogMananger.repositorySelector was null likely due to
error in class reloading, using NOPLoggerRepository.

And in the alfresco.log I have:

07:07:02,705 WARN
[org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiRegistryFactoryBean] Could not
detect RMI registry - creating new one
07:07:04,541 INFO  [org.alfresco.repo.domain.schema.SchemaBootstrap]
Schema managed by database dialect
org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLInnoDBDialect.
07:07:05,232 INFO  [org.alfresco.repo.domain.schema.SchemaBootstrap]
No changes were made to the schema.
07:07:33,090 ERROR [org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader]
Context initialization failed
org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: Bootstrap failed

Then further down I have:
<snip>
Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
</snip>

dnk