Subject: Re: [CentOS] "yum update" did not update kernel on one box

Sat May 3 12:28:10 UTC 2008
Lanny Marcus <lannyma at gmail.com>

On 03 May 2008, Kai Schaetzl <maillists AT conactive.com> wrote:
>Message: 61
 >Date: Sat, 03 May 2008 13:31:14 +0200

 >*Have* you verified that you are not already on the latest kernel?

[lanny at compaq1300 ~]$ uname -a
Linux compaq1300.HOMELAN 2.6.18-8.el5 #1 SMP Thu Mar 15 19:57:35 EDT
2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
[lanny at compaq1300 ~]$

Kai: That's the kernel that is on the CentOS 5 Install DVD. During the
past few days, I did "yum update" on our 3 Desktops and I will now
continue to do that, frequently, as if these Desktop boxes were
Servers. In the 2 Dell Dimension boxes, the kernel updated. In this
Compaq Evo D300v Celeron box, the kernel did not update. Lanny