[CentOS] OT DNS Question

Fri May 16 00:34:39 UTC 2008
Clint Dilks <clintd at scms.waikato.ac.nz>

Hi Everyone,

I am currently reviewing the DNS records for the organization I work for
and have one area I would like other peoples thoughts on.  Would there
ever be a situation where you need to have multiple A records pointing
to the same IP Address?

Currently we have a small number of cases where one IP Address has
multiple A Records.  This  seems like a bad idea to me and I would
replace these records with cnames.  But I am meeting  resistance to
this.  As far as I can think right now if you have one correctly
configured A record with a matching reverse entry and then use cnames
there shouldn't be any cases where you must add a second A record.  Or
am I missing something ?