[CentOS] OT: Building NFS server with LVM and snapshots enabled

Fri May 16 12:50:37 UTC 2008
carlopmart <carlopmart at gmail.com>

Hi all,

  I need to build a NFS CentOS 5.1 based server with LVM and snaphosts for
disaster recovering to serve storage to three ESX servers for a development
dept. I have 500 GB for storage. Data that I need to store on this server is 150
GB and can grow to 210 GB to the end of year ...

  My questions are:

  - Is it possible to do some type of scripting to do data snapshots every day
and then copy to a remote server?? Some example, please??

  - How can I restore snapshot data on the production server if I need to
recover it??

  Openfiler or FreeNAS isn't an option to do this task (customer requeriment).
--
CL Martinez
carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com