[CentOS] Strange slapd behavior...

Tue May 27 15:56:06 UTC 2008
Stjepan Gros <stjepan.gros at gmail.com>

Hi all,

I have problems on one CentOS 4.6 with slapd. Namely, after trying to
start it (via /etc/init.d/ldap start) it waits for very long in
configuration check. Interestingly, when I try to start it manually,
but without "-u ldap" option it starts immediately.

What puzzles me more is the use of NETLINK socket when started with -u
option that doesn't appear in strace output without using the option.

I did grep through the source of the openldap for NETLINK but nothing was found.

Can someone shed some lite on what's happening?

Thanks,
Stjepan