[CentOS] RH9 to centos 5 386

Fri May 2 19:21:59 UTC 2008
Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>

On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 02:47:11PM -0400, Jerry Geis wrote:
> http://pubmirrors.reflected.net/centos/5/os/i386/CentOS/yum-3.0.5-1.el5.centos.5.noarch.rpm
>        rpm -i --nodeps --force

That's not going to work, because you're missing needed deps. Nodeps doesn't
actually do any magic -- it just lets you install packages which may be
broken once installed.

> "There was a problem importing one of the python modules
> required to run yum. The error leading to this problem was:
> No module named yum"
> What do I do now...

I suppose that you could try building a yum package for RHL 9 and going from
there. But I think you're going end up doing a huge amount of clean-up work
after this project is completed even if it's successful. Better to back up
your data and configuration, do a clean install, and then proceed with a
nice fresh system.