Subject: [CentOS] "yum update" did not update kernel on one box

Wed May 7 07:32:56 UTC 2008
Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos at br-online.de>

MHR wrote:
> On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 6:32 PM, Lanny Marcus <lannyma at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2008-05-06 at 15:48 -0700, MHR wrote:
> >  <snip>
> >
> > > As root, go to the directory where the rpms are located (you can use
> >  > 'find' for this if you don't alreayd know) and run:
> >  Mark: Syntax for the find command so I can locate those 2 packages? If I
> >  can find them, then I think this will be solved quickly. TIA, Lanny
> >

> Either 'man find' or 'find --help' would give you faster and more
> accurate results.

Erm. "man find" is one of the most hideous manual pages on a linux
system (man tar comes close) - so a bit help from your side would have
been nice.

a) use locate whereever you can
b) find / -type f-name "kernel*.rpm"  -- this recursively (from /
   downwards) finds file which begin with "kernel" and end with "rpm"
c) This is not needed anyway, as those packages are ALREADY installed.

Cheers,

Ralph