[CentOS] Irritant

Wed May 7 18:55:14 UTC 2008
Jeff Larsen <jlar310 at gmail.com>

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 1:28 PM, Sam Drinkard <sam at wa4phy.net> wrote:
> Hi again,
>
>    I've got a nagging irritant with either putty or the man pages, or
> perhaps my setup.  If I use putty to log into my server and request any man
> page, it returns the page, but really important stuff like keywords are
> blank.  Is this perhaps caused by the wrong terminal setting in putty or is
> there something with Centos man pages that cause this to happen?

I use putty almost exclusively to connect to CentOS and I have no
problems.  If keywords are blank, I would first check that the
"Default Bold Foreground" is not set to the same value as "Default
Bold Background" in the 'Colours' settings. Also check the character
set on the 'Translation' settings. I use UTF-8.

--
Jeff