[CentOS] Reseted net statistics

Sun May 11 15:43:24 UTC 2008
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 11:34 AM, happymaster23 <happymaster23 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for answer,
>
> last number of transefered data that I seen was about three or four
> gigabytes - this is too low for roll over or not?

4GB is just about the extent of the 32bit range for the increments
used in ifconfig (unless I'm smoking crack, in which case someone else
should feel free to correct me).

If you have another box, test this by booting up the test system, and
copying a centos dvd to/from it, and watch the counters. After about
4G you should see the number reset itself.

George Orwell