[CentOS] Re: Reseted net statistics

Mon May 12 23:17:01 UTC 2008
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 5-11-2008 2:56 AM happymaster23 spake the following:
> Hi all,
>
> sometimes I�m checking status of my server with phpSysInfo, always is
> all right, but at May 8 I was experienced a "big deviation". My machine
> was online for 12 days, but net statistics are  reseted. I was checked
> /proc/net/dev and there are reseted net statistics too. How is this
> possible?
>
> Just before I was experienced this problem I was updating two packages
> with yum (perl-HTML-Parser.i386 3.56-5.el5 and epel-release.noarch 5-3).
> In /var/log/messages is nothing about it. At the same day someone
> attemped to log in to ssh (attack was about 10 hours long, but its
> impossible to break my server -

Keep fooling yourself. Difficult to breal into-- maybe, but impossible -- I
really doubt it. Every server can be broken into. Just some of them aren't
worth the time it might take.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and