[CentOS] GFS + quotas

Tue May 13 19:22:11 UTC 2008
Doug Tucker <tuckerd at engr.smu.edu>

No problem Scott, thanks for the reply, you're the only one that even
tried :).  Our userbase here has become accustomed to being able to
check their quota from any machine they are on, and apparently not being
able to do so it just horrible horrible from my boss's standpoint.  If
there is no way to do this, I'm faced with having to dump the entire
filesystems quota every hour or so and write a custom quota command that
reads this flat file to return their results, which is ugly ugly if you
ask me, but he insists we MUST be able to provide them this info.  The
file server we are migrating from was a clustered Tru64, and when it
starts/exports nfs, it provides nfs with the quota information from the
underlying OFS filesystem.  Which is 8 years old I might add...I would
think somehow GFS with all it's bells and whistles would have this basic
functionality.