[CentOS] Re: broken GFS

Wed May 14 21:21:21 UTC 2008
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 5-14-2008 1:48 PM Doug Tucker spake the following:
>> This is linked from the CentOS FAQ:
>>
>> http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html
>>
>> Akemi
>
> LOL!  This is just TOO good.
>

> 1. Because it is proper Usenet Etiquette.
>
> ...all but dead...I run a usenet server here, had 3 logins last
> month...user base is over 4000...
>
> 2.    We use a good news reader like Forte Agent.
>
> OMG.  I haven't used a usenet reader in 10 years for anything.  Assumed
> Forte Agent went out of development years ago.
>
> I'll stop there, there is not a single thing on that page I can agree with anymore,
> technology, email and the web have moved on beyond that ideology of old.
>
> I'm already at about 50% of the time reading email on my iphone mail app.  Like it
> or not for the religious users (and I'll count myself there in many categories), eventually
> most of our mail will be read on a handheld device.  So the 2 line preview pane at the top
> before deciding to atually open the message becomes very relevant, which does not lend
> itself useful in "bottom posting".  I can't remember the last time I saw a desktop user
> regardless of client not read their mail using the "preview" pane.  They need to just
> rename that, as people even rarely click to open the message anymore.  Again, not good
> when bottom posting.  I got poo-poo'd off about my GFS/kernel release schedule, for being
> in some small minority.  So, where are bottom posters, in terms of majority these days?
> Maybe it's time, to update with the times?
>
> Go ahead, let the bashing begin!
>
> I'm off to another building, taking my email in my pocket with me...
Gentlemen! Please stop!

I would say this -- Post in whatever format you feel like posting in. Everyone
else who does not like that format is free to ignore or answer the poster. If
everyone ignores it, they will change or move on. If someone answers them,
they will be helped, and probably still move on.

These d!@k slapping threads get boring real fast, and the iPhone user is
running up his cell time. Maybe you both can go on a skype call and do some
real shouting!  ;-P

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and