[CentOS] A couple of CentOS 5.1 issues

Thu May 15 18:22:05 UTC 2008
Ross S. W. Walker <rwalker at medallion.com>

Probably already answered, but kermit isn't open source.

You can get it from Columbia  University's kermit site though.

-Ross

----- Original Message -----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org <centos-bounces at centos.org>
Sent: Wed May 14 10:58:43 2008
Subject: Re: [CentOS] A couple of CentOS 5.1 issues

On May 14, 2008, at 9:50, Steve Huff wrote:

> This may well be an upstream issue; I have recently begun to
> encounter the same problem on a RHEL 5.1 workstation, using Synergy
> and nVidia binary packages from rpmforge (synergy-1.3.1-2.el5.rf,
> nvidia-x11-drv-1.0.9755-1.nodist.rf).
>
> I first started seeing this issue last week, after a reboot;
> unfortunately I'm not sure off the top of my head which packages I
> had recently updated.  Before last week the desired behavior (the
> display waking from sleep upon mouse movement) was present.

It's encouraging to hear that this used to work in 5.X.  I am just
upgrading to 5.1 and this has always been "broken" for me, so I can't
tell if it was a recent update.  Can you post (or email me offline)
the relevant output of "rpm -qa --last"?  We may be able to figure
out what update caused this issue.

In the mean time, anyone have any info on Kermit for CentOS 5?  We
have some Kermit scripts sent to us by one of our vendors, so we
can't just easily migrate to another serial communications tool.

Thanks,
Alfred