[CentOS] missing from Centos51 src tree: ".../drivers/infiniband/hw/amso1100/Makefile"

Fri May 16 02:06:05 UTC 2008
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 10:54 PM, snowcrash+centos
<schneecrash+centos at gmail.com> wrote:

>        yum install kernel-devel kernel-xen-devel
>
> and usual,

Oh, we're going off instinct here.. this might get ugly...

>        ln -s /usr/src/kernels/`uname -r`-`uname -m` /usr/src/linux
>        cd /usr/src/linux
>        cp /boot/config-`uname -r` ./.config
>        make oldconfig
>        make menuconfig
>
> next,
>
>        make rpm

HOUSTON, We have a problem.

It's probably worth mentioning here, that this won't work in any
recent (Centos 4 or 5) release, because kernel-*-devel packages don't
contain any source files. They contain the headers needed to link a
module against the kernel, and that's about it.

If you want to rebuild the kernel, you're going to have to extract the
source from the kernel src.rpm, and follow the instructions on the
wiki.

George Orwell