[CentOS] OT: Top Posting

Fri May 16 18:13:49 UTC 2008
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

Jason Pyeron wrote:

>>> I just wish I could configure my outlook ...
>> Configure it?  Don't you know how to move the cursor?  The point is that
>> you are supposed to delete the irrelevant context as you move down,
>> replying underneath the parts you leave so it lands it the right place
>> conversation-wise.
>>

> I know that, but it was a lot easier in pine.

I'm not sure I've ever seen the words 'easy' and 'pine' used in the same
sentence before.  Pine has to have the most counterintuitive interface
known to man.

I usually hold the shift key down while using the down-arrow to move
over the parts to remove which will select/highlight it, hit delete at
the end of the irrelevant part, arrow on down past the relevant context
to add my response below it, repeating if there is more than one section
continuing in the conversation.  Seems natural to me, works in just
about every GUI-type mailer and the cursor moves down as fast as I can
read so it doesn't slow anything down.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com