[CentOS] Centos Freezing

Sat May 17 12:12:26 UTC 2008
B.J. McClure <keepertoad at verizon.net>

On Sat, 2008-05-17 at 06:02 -0400, John wrote:
> [...]

I had a similar situation on CentOS 4.x and on 5.0, different boxes.  In
both cases it was resolved by replacing a bad stick of RAM.  If the box
can be off line I would suggest a 24 hour run of memtest.  On my systems
it only occurred with the GUI running.

Cheers,
B.J.

CentOS 5.1, Linux 2.6.18-53.1.19.el5 athlon 07:28:37 up 21:02, 0 users,
load average: 0.30, 0.10, 0.02