[CentOS] Re: [CentOS-announce] Impact of the Debian OpenSSL vulnerability

Sun May 18 17:55:39 UTC 2008
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com>

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 7:57 PM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> Daniel de Kok wrote:
>>
>> - What does our upstream think about this?
>> - What do the OpenSSH developers think about this?
>
> Someone is going to need to ask those questions of the people...

I don't think either Red Hat or OpenSSH are going to do much with
this. From what I have been told the search for bad ssh items if used
inside of SSH slows down connections quite a bit because it does a
search through the 1.5 MB space everything you connect. However, that
could have been fixed with a quicker search algorithm by now