[CentOS] 1333/8GB Intel motherboard for C5.1

Tue May 20 18:30:24 UTC 2008
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> John R Pierce wrote:
>
>> C)  32bit systems with > 4GB memory require PAE support both in the CPU and
>> in the operating system...  /all/ Intel CPUs since about Pentium Pro have
>> this.
>>

> (At least) The first Pentium M generation doesn't support PAE.

I should have qualified that.  All intel CPUs that are supported by
chipsets that can handle 36 bit addressing and > 4GB memory had PAE...
Pentium-M was a laptop processor, and its supporting chipsets had a 2GB
max memory anyways, so PAE support wouldn't have mattered.