[CentOS] samba question

Fri May 23 02:18:37 UTC 2008
david chong <davidchong144 at gmail.com>

> Have you ever tried going through the Samba Howto or the Using Samba book
> material that comes free with samba in html format?
>
> If you want help, then you need to tell us also what you have done...why
> should we try to walk you through each and every step?

Hi All,

Thanks for all your suggestions.

No, I don't mean to ask you walking me step by step.

Actually I am following the "Samba 3 By Example" and stuck at the very
first example. I copied the whole smb.conf but cannot connect to my
box. I can ping to it and ssh to it though.

I notice in the example running "smbclient -L localhost -U%" will
output the line below:
ADMIN$ IPC IPC Service (Samba 3.0.20)

but from my C5.1, I don't have this line, other lines are the same,
can anyone explain this line, wondering if this is where the problem
lies.