[CentOS] how to debug ssh slow connection issues.

Fri May 23 18:16:57 UTC 2008
Paul Heinlein <heinlein at madboa.com>

On Fri, 23 May 2008, Jason Pyeron wrote:

> debug3: Normalising mapped IPv4 in IPv6 address
> debug3: Trying to reverse map address 192.168.1.80.
>
> paused 7 seconds

Here, obviously, is part of the problem. Your name service isn't
answering reverse lookups for your LAN addresses -- or it least it
isn't answering them in a timely manner. Fixing that, either through
DNS or /etc/hosts, will help a bunch.

> debug1: do_pam_account: called
>
> pause 7 seconds
>
> debug3: PAM: do_pam_account pam_acct_mgmt = 0 (Success)

This delay puzzles me. Are you using LDAP as an authentication
backend? If so, reverse-mapping failure may be the issue here, too.