[CentOS] 40 second delay on automounts with 2.6.18-53.1.21.el5 kernel

Sat May 24 18:15:51 UTC 2008
Fred Noz <Fred at Noz.net>

----- Original message -----
From: "Joe Pruett" <joey at clean.q7.com>
To: centos at lists.centos.org
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 09:47:43 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [CentOS] 40 second delay on automounts with 2.6.18-53.1.21.el5
kernel

after this latest centos 5 kernel update, i am seeing 40 second delays
on
automount points.  nothing in the rpm changelog looks obviously related
autofs and the autofs module seems to be the same as the previous
kernel.
i'm starting to do some strace'ing and other debugging, but nothing has
jumped out at me yet.  i'm hoping someone else has seen it so i know i'm
not alone :-).
I am not seeing any delay on automount.  I upgraded both NFS client
and server to the 2.6.18-53.1.21.el5 kernel.

      - Fred