[CentOS] Re: RAID5 or RAID50 for database?

Sun May 25 10:34:07 UTC 2008
Christopher Chan <christopher at ias.com.hk>

William Warren wrote:
> I'm not a fan of RAID 5 at all since it can only tolerate one failure at
> all.  Go with raid 10 or something like that which is able to handle
> more than one failure.  Intermittent, uncorrectable sector failures
> during rebuilds are becoming an increasing problem with today's drives.

Is that raid10 or raid 1+0 or raid 0+1? :D

At least for the latter two, their handling more than one failure
depends on which disks blow. Not sure how the raid10 module handles things.