[CentOS] 1333/8GB Intel motherboard for C5.1

Sun May 25 23:23:57 UTC 2008

MHR wrote:
>> Perhaps I was not clear in my original email, the point being that you dont
>> need to rebuild drivers when kernels update ( in 99% of the cases )
>
> Is that now true also of the nvidia driver(s)?  I haven't seen
> anything so to indicate.

The nvidia driver, for me, built against 2.6.18-8.el5) has worked fine
upto the latest released kernel ( 2.6.18-92.el5 )

try running the vmware-server installed on centos-5, irrespective of
what kernel version you use / run - the vmware binary modules used are
from an early kernel as well...

------
[kbsingh at koala misc]$ /sbin/modinfo vmmon.o | grep verm
vermagic:       2.6.18-8.el5 SMP mod_unload gcc-4.1
[kbsingh at koala misc]$ uname -r
2.6.18-53.1.4.el5
-------