[CentOS] RAID5 or RAID50 for database?

Mon May 26 10:05:48 UTC 2008
Linux <linuxlist at gmail.com>

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 12:24 PM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> Linux wrote:
>> Current mdadm raid10 version in CentOS5 is a little old (v2.5.4 - 13
>> October 2006) and has a bug which sometimes kicks one drive from raid
>> after initial resync and repeats kicking-after-resync when hot added
>> again and again and again.
>
> Do you have some bug numbers ?
>
> The only bugs that exist, are the ones that come with bug numbers,
> everything else is just user error.

I guess I'm not the only one who is trying to be an a**hole :)

Ask md-raid developer [1] because he states about the bug there (and
also somewhere else)

Go find bug number yourself. If you have any counter-information,
share it here, correct me and let us all learn.

For all others, %60-70 of raid10 configurations may fail one drive
with current raid10 module shipped with CentOS5 because of being
somehow old.

Thanks...

PS: For further information about bugs see [2].

[1] http://www.issociate.de/board/post/411069/RAID_10_resync_leading_to_attempt_to_access_beyond_end_of_device.html
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_bug