[CentOS] Fault tolerance with webservers

Tue May 27 12:41:39 UTC 2008
Barry Brimer <lists at brimer.org>

On Tue, 27 May 2008, gopinath wrote:

> dear all
>
>    i have a web server on centos 4.6. i have configured one more back up Webserver with the same configuration as the same on the primary web server
>

> Now how to configure this servers for fault tolerance. that is. if one server gets down the other should automatically become up.
>

> Please any one help me out how to configure the above. i am new to Linux ...

You will want to look at the CentOS cluster suite.  Depending upon whether
there is shard storage involved, databases, etc, you will want to choose
from the LVS (load balancing) part of cluster suite or the high
availability part of cluster suite.

Start here. <http://www.centos.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=108>

Barry