[CentOS] Re: FireFox

Tue May 27 23:34:32 UTC 2008
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 5-27-2008 4:22 PM Robert Spangler spake the following:
> Can anyone tell me if there are plans to update Firefox to the new 3.0 for
> Centos 4.5?  Seems like only the 1.5 version has been placed in the repos and
> I think it should be time for an upgrade.
>
> If I'm looking in the wrong place let me know also.  Thnx.

I wouldn't count on it. CentOS 4 (now at 4.6) is in maintenance only mode, and
unless someone adds it to plus, I doubt it will make it in.
 From the CentOS wiki;

<quote>

How long will CentOS-4 updates be supported?
We intend to support CentOS-4 updates until Feb 29, 2012.

The current plan is this:

Full Updates (including hardware updates): Currently to Feb 29, 2008

Maintenance Updates: Mar 1, 2008 to Feb 29, 2012

Full Updates - During the Full Updates phase, new hardware support will be
provided at the discretion of CentOS via Update Sets. Additionally, all
available and qualified errata will be provided via Update Sets (or
individually {and immediately} for Security level errata.) Update Sets
normally will be released 2-4 times per year, with new ISOs released as part
of each Update Set. In the 4.x numbering scheme, the .x is the number of the
Update Set.

Maintenance Updates - During the Maintenance updates phase, only Security
errata and select mission critical bug fixes will be released. There will be
few, if any, Update Sets released.

</quote>

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...