[CentOS] Config for NFSv4 an Kerberos on CentOS 5.1

Thu May 29 14:04:16 UTC 2008
Barry Brimer <lists at brimer.org>

Quoting Sebastian Marten <sebi4711 at gmail.com>:

> Hi list,
> Is it possible to set up an NFSv4/Kerberos environment on CentOS 5.1?
> I set up Kerberos and NFS but get several erros
>
> "Warning: rpc.gssd appears not to be running.
> mount.nfs4: Permission denied"
>
> Is this an CentOS oder an config problem?

Yes.

Are you running all of the gss services?
Is portmap running?
Did you uncomment the SECURE_NFS="yes" in /etc/sysconfig/nfs?
Was your kerberos principal created with:
"addprinc -randkey -e des-cbc-md5:normal nfs/server.domain.com"
Was your keytab entry created with:
"ktadd -e des-cbc-md5:normal nfs/server.domain.com"
Do you have gss/krb5p just before the nfs options in parentheses?

Hope this helps.

Barry