[CentOS] GFS

Fri May 30 10:16:58 UTC 2008

Jay Leafey wrote:
> Another alternative that we are examining is using OCFS2 (Oracle Cluster
> File System 2) and iSCSI for the shared storage with Heartbeat for
> service management.  This combination looks to be a bit "lighter" than
> the Cluster Suite and GFS, but I'm hoping to confirm or disprove that
> impression this summer in my "copious free time".

ocfs isnt really worth spending time on anymore. iirc, even oracle no
longer support an ocfs/ocfs2 based backend store.

might as well consider gpfs ( the cost per machine isnt that high, and
there is reasonable assurances that it would work ).

/me is still thrashing out gfs2 though, and conga! and clusterlvm!