[CentOS] alfresco

Fri May 30 22:07:48 UTC 2008
dnk <d.k.emaillists at gmail.com>

I just figured that since my issues were likely more with my alfresco
configurations, I thought some might consider it off topic.

I guess I will start it on list, and if anyone feels it is off topic,
I will pull it back off the list.

In a nut shell, I was following the howto located at:

http://wiki.alfresco.com/wiki/Installing_on_Linux#Installing_Alfresco_Community_WAR_on_Centos_5

Now I have gone through it step by step, and the only mods I did were
to use some more updated package versions, but that is about it.

After all was said and done, my tomcat, etc all start without issue.

At the end of the tutorial it states I should be able to go to:

http://serverIP:8080/alfresco/

now when I go there, I get a tomcat error stating that the page is not
found....

-------------
HTTP Status 404 - /alfresco/
type Status report

message /alfresco/

description The requested resource (/alfresco/) is not available.

Apache Tomcat/5.5.20

Granted I am very inexperienced with tomcat. But that is where I am
stuck at.....

So I had a look at my /var/log/tomcat5/alfresco.log, and it was
complaining about failed loading of ImageMagick... so I just yumed
that in and rebooted. That is now gone, however my same issue
(resource not found) still persists.

dnk