[CentOS] Max thin client sessions/gdm limit?

Thu May 15 00:49:31 UTC 2008
Fajar Priyanto <fajarpri at cbn.net.id>

On Wednesday 14 May 2008 21:40:06 Ryan Faussett wrote:
> Everything has been working quite well for some time. However now I seem to
> have hit a 50 thin client/gdm session limit. I've tested this several times
> by powering off all of our thin clients and restarting the terminal server,
> then powering up each thin client one at a time. They all work fine up to
> the 51st thin client. When I power up the 51st thin client it grabs an ip
> address, fetches its boot image, proceeds to boot, X starts (gray mesh
> screen, large X cursor -- gray screen of death?) and then it just sits
> there. The GDM login/greeter is never presented.
> Does anyone have any ideas? I'm not sure what more info to post but I'd be
> glad to send anymore log info or config files.
>
> Any help/suggestions are appreciated,

Hi Ryan,
I'm working on LTS too but on a smaller number. So, I haven't encountered this
problem. But from google I found this:
http://www.starnet.com/xwin32kb/Session_declined:_Maximum_number_of_sessions_reached/

HTH,
http://linux2.arinet.org
07:49:20 up 53 min, 2.6.22-14-generic GNU/Linux
The real challenge of teaching is getting your students motivated to learn.