[CentOS] OpenSSL/SSH Bug on Debian - Compromised key pairs

Thu May 15 12:27:21 UTC 2008
Daniel de Kok <me at danieldk.org>

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 2:19 PM, Daniel de Kok <me at danieldk.org> wrote:
> Yes, it is very important to follow up on this issue as soon as you
> can (now) to see if any of your keys or those of your users are
> affected. Additionally, it should be noted that in the case of *DSA*
> keys, this can even affect users who do have good keys but used them
> to communicate with a Debian server with the botched OpenSSL.

Jikes, rereading this, this does not seem accurate at all. Let me just
quote the advisory:

"Furthermore, all DSA keys ever used on affected Debian systems for
signing or authentication purposes should be considered compromised;
the Digital Signature Algorithm relies on a secret random value used
during signature generation."

Take care,
Daniel