[CentOS] Dazuko module Panda Antivirus

Akemi Yagi

amyagi at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 06:59:12 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 6:26 AM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 4:09 AM, Gopinath Achari
> <gopinath at signal-networks.com> wrote:
>
>>                 I installed Panda antivirus for linux  but it uses Dazuko
>> module for updating virus definition downloaded from internet to virus
>> definitions database. So i downloaded dazuko ( tar package) software and
>> tryed to install. But it generates the below defined errors, Which module in
>> the kernel has to be enabled. Please help me i am using Centos 5.2 with
>> kernel version of  2.6.18-92.1.13.el5xen
> (snip)
>> error: capabilities are built-in to the kernel:
>>        you will need to recompile a kernel with capabilities
>>        as a kernel module
>
> This is a known issue with Dazuko.  You can find some hint/solution in
> this forum thread:
>
> http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=12894&forum=28&post_id=43082#forumpost43082

I have built the latest kernel (2.6.18-92.1.13) with capabilities as a
kernel module.  If you wish to test the dazuko installation, you can
get it from here:

http://centos.toracat.org/kernel/c5plus_capabilities/

This is based on the centosplus kernel but should work just fine for
the testing.  Besides, if (and this is a big if) this change is
adopted in the CentOS kernel, it would be in the cplus kernel.

Akemi