[CentOS] nfs and permissions

Anne Wilson

cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 4 22:17:23 UTC 2008

My CentOS box is my server for data and some services, including nfs shares.
On my laptop I have folderviews displaying two directories on the server, via
nfs mounts.  An fstab line mounts each, such as:

192.168.0.40:/home /mnt/borg2_home nfs nosuid,exec,rw,bg,soft,intr 0 0

From the folderview I have no problem accessing the files and directories.

Now comes the problem.  I use kontact, with imap mail (working fine) and a
calendar/diary (korganizer) mounted as a remote file.  At least, I did, until
this new install.  I can give it the path, but I don't see any entries.  I
suspect that it is a permissions problem, but I can't see anything obvious.

The firewall is temporarily disabled.

Any ideas. please?

Anne