[CentOS] HA Storage Cookbook?

Rudi Ahlers rudiahlers at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 07:48:36 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 9:27 PM, nate <centos at linuxpowered.net> wrote:
> Gordon McLellan wrote:
>> Hello List,
>> Can anyone recommend some sites regarding building high-availability
>> storage networks using centos (or the upstream providers brand name)?
>> I need to have approx 2-3 tb of storage available via iscsi and smb,
>> but worry about having it all on a single server.  Most of the HA
>> articles I'm reading deal with application high availability, but not
>> storage.
> Check out openfiler?
> http://www.openfiler.com/products
> For me I would just buy a real storage array, better reliability
> generally. Though entry level pricing is around $20k.
> nate

Hi Nate,

In some countries those storage arrays are about 3 more expensive, so
it's cheaper to build it yourself with PC / server components. I'm
actually interested in such a setup as well, and would like to cluster
2x machines to give a network RAID setup. What would you recommend
using? The idea is to serve to servers which will be clustered as
well, hosting web hosting Virtual Private Servers.

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers